Feeding your Motherdough invariably results in offcuts and excess that you don't use for baking.
A great way to to use this is to make sourdough dumplings. Light and fluffy with the delicate umami that our amazing Motherdough culture imparts to the dough.
Herbed Sourdough Dumplings
- 200g Motherdough discard
- 200g Cake flour
- 160g water
- 30g Extra virgin olive oil
- 8g Salt
- Pinch of oregano or Italian herbs
- Blend the Motherdough offcuts with the oil and water, with a stick blender or liquidiser.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and the liquid.
- Bring together to incorporate ingredients and sprinkle on salt.
- Knead into a smooth dough and divide into 6 pieces. Form little balls and cross-cut.
- Place in a tray sprinkled with flour and cover lightly with cling film. Leave to prove for 3-4 hours until double in size.
- Gently lift out of the tray and place on top of the stew and steam for 20 minutes with the lid on.