Theres no reason why your furry kids should not also be able to enjoy some natural fermentation goodness coming out of your kitchen too.
We have limited the amount of unfermented wheat in this mixture by limiting the addition of wholewheat flour. The addition of oats and egg improve the levels of protein and digestibility.
The acids in the discard act as a natural preservative and these should store in an airtight container for a month.
- 300g Motherdough discard, unrefreshed unfed
- 200g Oats, blitzed to a course flour in a blender
- 100g Wholewheat flour
- 1 egg
- 30g Extra virgin olive oil
- 100g Beef stock
- Mix all ingredients together and knead to a smooth dough.
- Roll into tube shapes about 2-3 cm in diameter taking care to keep the dough mass compact.
- Use a knife or dough cutter to cut pieces 1cm thick.
- Place on baking paper on a tray and back at 180 deg. C for 10 minutes. Thereafter reduce the heat to 160 Deg C. and cook for a further 35 minutes with a wooden spoon used to crack the oven door open. Occasionally give them a "stir" to move them around.
- Leave them to cool in the oven. Store in an airtight container far out of reach from your furry kids.
Please note that these contain wheat and you should proceed with caution if your dog is sensitive to grain in their diet. If you notice any signs of allergy please discontinue use.